Wednesday, February 6, 2008

You Sweet Talker!




I must say, I am incredibly lucky to be able to stay home with the boys! I do love nursing, but this is much better on so many levels. We are fortunate to have this luxury and I am so thankful. Thanks, John!

The phrase "stay home" somehow implies a sense of calmness and order. NOTHING could be farther from the truth! Most days, even the great ones, are made up of tears, time outs, and frustrated little men who want their way and will stop at nothing to get it. I love all of it. The good times and the, well, less than perfect ones, too. The laughter, smiles, new accomplishments, watching two brothers learn to love (and hate) each other...nothing could beat that. So how do my cute boys repay me? What words would sum up how much they love and appreciate me? This is their answer:

DDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usually within the first hour after John's departure to the office, the first round goes down. Tanner wants to climb up the stairs alone. Ryan wants to have gum at 8:00 AM. Tanner and Ryan start beating on the backdoor wanting to play outside while it's raining and we still all have on pj's. They promptly start SCREAMING for their daddy! There is a split second that I stand offended and hurt, but then I always smile. I'm so glad they love him so much. From the moment he walks in at night until both kids are asleep, they are on him like white on rice. He can't even change his clothes in peace anymore as he now enjoys the boys company along with the dog. Poor man. Maybe somebody could give him a secret hatch to crawl in for 15 minutes a day for some peace and quiet! He takes it all in stride. He loves them as much as they love him.

How lucky can a girl get!?! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT BLOG----SEEMS AS IF THOSE BOYS ARE KEEPING YOU BUSY!! THE PICS OF THE HOUSE WERE GREAT--LOVE THE LETTER WALL. I,TOO, LOVE THE SCREENED IN PORCH--HOW RELAXING.
SOFIA WILL BE 2 NEXT MONTH--CAN'T BELIVE IT. THE VALENTINE CARDS WERE JUST DARLING!! THE BOYS LOOK GREAT. YOU ARE DOING A SPECTACULAR JOB AND FINDING WAYS TO MAKE IT FUN AND INTERESTING. IT'S ALWAYS A STATE OF MIND,HUH??? GREAT JOB!!! MISS YOU!!!