Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekend Update



Looks like somebody has a case of the Mondays!

That would be me. I really don't care for Mondays very much. It means lots of laundry waiting to be washed, folded, and returned to its correct location. It means a very dirty house that has three days worth of crumbs, shoes, and other treats all over the floors and furniture. Monday means watching Daddy drive away, not to be seen until the sun goes down and we are all tired.

Ugh. How am I suppose to get excited about that? Well, the good news is that we always make the most of our time together during the weekend. We had a fun dinner Friday night with some of our new friends here. Ryan goes to school with their son and John works with the husband. The Mellow Mushroom. Great pizza! The kids ate and then the guys took them outside, leaving my friend and I to sit, enjoy the rest of the pitcher of beer, and talk LOST. Love that show. More on it later!

Saturday morning we gathered ourselves, pointed the SUV towards Auburn, Alabama, and drove for two hours. Why? We've been looking for several weeks now and finally found the right one...a 2007 Jeep Unlimited 4 door! It's black and just sooooo much fun. I'll post some pictures later today when it stops raining. We don't ever wish for the rain to stop here! :)

Yesterday we found several reasons to pile up in the Jeep and drive around. The boys love the top down! Tanner's fine little blond hair just blows around...so cute! I made chili and we watched the Super Bowl. Tanner went to bed at 6:45 and Ryan at 7:20. Aaahhhhhh. I literally sat on the couch, only getting up twice to make more hot tea, until the end of the game. WAY TO GO GIANTS!!!

So here we go with another week. Just the usual stuff. The boys are well and John seems pretty much over his cold. I have a cough, but it's no big deal. Duty is calling and I better get busy! Hope you had a great weekend and have a wonderful week!

No comments: