Thursday, February 14, 2008

Not So Happy Valentine's Day

I'M SICK! Sick like I haven't been sick in years. Fever, check. Cough, check. Congested, check. Chills and aches, check. Can't smell or taste, check. Hurts to breath, check. Generally feel like the back side of some big, yucky animal...CHECK.

However poorly I feel, my family will end up getting the very short end of the sick stick. We gave the boys their Valentine's gifts this morning, carefully wrapped in the beautiful plastic Walgreen's pharmacy bags they were placed in when bought. Ryan has school today, so thankfully he'll have a party there. My AWESOME friend here, Nichole, has graciously offered to take Ryan to the park this afternoon to play with her kids so I can rest...and Ryan can do something besides watching the 14 videos I had planned on letting him sit through until bedtime. Tanner is pleased with the new toy that Granny Lin and Granddad sent him today, so he can play with it until dinner time. Dinner will be something special and healthy, like a Poptart. I may not even warm it up if I still feel like I do right now. Poor John. I've already notified him that there will not be the typical Valentine's Day menu tonight. In fact, there's no menu at all unless he brings it home in a bag for us.

Here's the good news...I have three expensive tickets to take myself and the kids to the circus tomorrow morning at 10:30. Luckily, it will be so loud that nobody will hear my coughing, nose blowing, or crying because I'm miserable.

Oh, and tomorrow is John's birthday. I can't even think about it.

Somebody send me a dozen boxes of tissues and some balloons with coughdrops attached!!! I'm cheap this Valentine's Day, and not in any sort of exciting way!!!

No comments: