Thursday, February 21, 2008

Better Living Through Pharmacology

After battling this mess for the last three weeks, I gave up and went to the doctor today. She looked and listened for a minute and then proclaimed me "infected". I've been called worse. She put me on an antibiotic for a sinus infection. Thank goodness. I'm so tired of coughing and blowing my nose. Ryan even asked my doctor today "Can you fix my mommy's boogers?". Thanks, Ryan. What a concerned little man.

Seems like I've been at the doctor a bunch since we've moved here. I feel lucky to have found good physicians that I feel comfortable with and I think they honestly care about me. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at the end of last summer and have been on medicine ever since. It was very scary for me at first. It is very upsetting to be diagnosed with the same ailment that was one of the biggest contributors to both of your parent's demise. After thinking about it, I realized that it was better to be aware. You can't run away from your genes. So, here I am. It's just another pill to wash down with my good ol' thyroid medication that I've taken for the last decade.

It's raining some more. Thank goodness! I guess we will be staying home tomorrow. I've got the camera battery charging to catch Tanner doing his newest trick. You'll just have to check back to see what it is!!! Have a great evening!

No comments: