Tuesday, January 29, 2008

WARNING: CRANKY BLOGGER AHEAD

Well, I will be in another day or so. Inspired by Tina and Alan, I have decided to do a three week detox diet. Sounds great, right? What could be wrong in kicking your body into healthier habits? NO DIET COKE...that's what. I can have 6 oz of coffee a day, but I don't want that. I need to do this. I've just gotten into terrible habits of eating junk. Not good when you have to do a rain dance of sorts just to get your pants on. For the first couple of weeks there is NO white rice, white potatoes, cold cereal, cheese, baked beans (no problem here!), alcohol or soda...even diet. I can have unlimited carrots and celery. Wow. Maybe I'll get a root canal when I finish this up, since clearly I'm having some super great luck. Seriously, wish me luck. My brother Bill did one of these a while back and his cholesterol dropped like 50 points in less than a month. He says that diets like this aren't so beneficial from a "detox" perspective, but that they force you to drop bad habits cold turkey and stick with it for a while. He's a doctor (and a very smart person) so I believe him. If I can make it through the first week or so of headaches from caffeine withdrawl, I think I can do it! :) More later...!

No comments: