Monday, January 14, 2008

From the mouths of babes....

If you've ever spent any significant amount of time with Ryan, then you'll know that he likes to talk. A lot. More like a ton. Some days I swear the only time his isn't talking is when he's eating, and if you know Ryan, then you'll also know that he doesn't eat a lot. SO, today has been one of those days where since the first "good morning, Mommy" there has been a continuous conversation with little pause. What does he talk about and inquire about all day long you might wonder? Here is a small sampling of topics covered thus far, at 4:30 today:

"Why can't I fly?"

"Does Tanner have to go with us?"

"Where do ants sleep at night?"

"Do they use blankets if they get cold?"

"Why do they get cold?"

"Do you remember when Granny Lin had a frog in her bathroom?"

"Is it Christmas Eve again?"

"Does Nolan live in Atlanta or Texas?"

"Why does Nolan live in Texas?"

"Why does Nolan's mommy and daddy work in Texas?"

"Can I just have some gum for dinner?"

"Why do I need socks?"

"Do we take the sea monkeys to the vet if they get sick?"

"Do you remember when Granddad fell in the lake?"

"Why don't you pants fit?"

"Why isn't Diet Coke for kiddos?"

Are you getting the picture? SSSSSHHHHHHEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH! I'm pretty sure if at the end of the day, if my head had a convenient screw top, you could look inside and see a bowl of pudding. After a few hours of a day like today, I feel like my mind melts a bit.

The truth is I wouldn't have it any other way. I love his interest and need for knowledge. John and I do our best to answer all of his questions. Sometimes this is easier than others. Sometimes we all go to the computer and look up an answer. Like this past Saturday, after the dog drug a snake out of some monkey grass and John threw it over the fence and into a tree (oops!), Ryan needed to know about garden snakes...specifically what they eat. So, in case you don't already know, they eat frogs, slugs, earthworms, and mice.

So now you know. If you ever have a question, please let Ryan know...he has probably already asked it!!! :)

No comments: