Monday, January 21, 2008

Birthday boy


I can hardly believe that this Wednesday, my sweet little Ryan will be four years old. How did this happen? The only thing scarier than him being four is that I'm four years older myself. Really scary!

Anyway, we had the first of three parties this past Saturday evening with Granny Lin and Granddad, since they were in town. It had been a long, busy day and Ryan was pretty fried. We were at the table eating dinner before cake and presents when I looked over and saw Ryan laying sideways across his chair, eating only the bun without any meat in it. I asked him to please sit up and use his manners. He told me he liked sitting the way he was. I told him "you are almost four now and you will have to use your big kid manners all of the time, not just sometimes".

What do you think he told me?

"I'm not four yet. I'm still three for the next four days, so I'll just sit like this".

Somebody please send me a book on sassy kids for his birthday!!! :)

No comments: