Monday, November 17, 2008

Update...

PREFACE--I wrote this last night but got suckered into looking at dog names for over an hour with John; by then I forgot to come back and post this. So better late than never...

Yes, it seems that my life is on a Monday-to-Monday cycle. Mondays are my perinatologist appointments and, it seems, they steer my life from that day until the following Monday. So today is no exception...here's the scoop: fluid holding steady at 10.7 (down a bit from 11.5 last week), baby looking great, weighing 4lbs 14 ozs, measuring 33weeks 3 days, active, active, and even more active. He/she is head down and they confirmed today that it is, indeed, a cute little butt that is what keeps sticking me right below my sternum and hurting like the dickens. He/she also has a penchant for kicking me on the left side so hard that it makes me see stars. Ugh.

Five weeks and counting...35 days...sounds pretty do-able, right? This whole "one day at a time" thing is really hard for a planner like myself. There's plenty to do to stay occupied. We still need another chest for the new baby's clothes, frames to be hung, lamps to be picked out, new linens to be cleaned and put on, curtains to be put up...you get the idea. The woman we have helping out from now until the new addition started today. She has babysat for us many times but nothing on a regular basis. She really understands our situation and cares about the boys so I feel pretty good after our first day of having her here. She's good at just looking around and finding what needs to be done, which I love.

The boys are winding down and will be ready for bed in a few more minutes. Time to pick out some books, scratch some backs (sadly, nobody scratches mine), get in a few last cuddles then say goodnight. I've got three books on "how in the world to manage a new puppy when you're 33 weeks pregnant, on partial bed rest, and haven't had a puppy in nearly nine years, plus exciting chapters on how to keep your kids from using Hot Wheels to cause a closed head injury to an unsuspecting pup, and how to keep your cranky nine year old jack russell from secretly inflicting a fatal wound, dragging the dead body out the doggy door, and burying the evidence in the flower bed way out back". Just a little light reading. Hope some of it sticks or I'll have one very, very expensive mistake to deal with.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey, I followed you over here from MckMama's site... I was reading the comments and was surprised to finally see someone has a NIKON D60 like me, instead of a Canon. So I clicked on your name, just for kicks, and saw that you're following my friend Kam at A Wrinkle in Time! Small world!! Kameron's flying to Washington today, so I actually get to hang out with her for a few days. Yippee!

Anyway, nice to meet you! I might have to puruse your blog... haven't followed a pregnant Mama for awhile!

LucieP said...

thinking about ya!!!!