Friday, November 14, 2008

Still Trying

Ryan couldn't resist pointing out the obvious today. I had a facial (a much needed facial) this morning. John's mom had just gotten home with the boys from school and my face was still pretty red. Ryan, who leaped out of the Jeep screaming "HI MOMMY!" stopped dead in his tracks when he got close enough to see my face. He paused for a second (it doesn't take him long to think of a zinger) and said very flatly "you aren't doing a very good job of looking like that pretty lady from yesterday". If you missed yesterday's post, that pretty lady he thinks I'm trying to emulate is Jennifer Aniston. I just started cracking up, so he points out the very obvious..."she's NOT all RED like you". Thanks, little dude. Let's see, let me have a few more facials, get rid of the person occupying a solid third of my body right now plus a few workouts, then we'll talk. :)

No comments: