Thursday, November 6, 2008

Update and New Baby Pictures

So here's the scoop...I had a good checkup with the OB. Positives: blood pressure was great, no protein in my urine, cervix is completely closed. Negatives: belly measures 31 weeks, should be 32, I feel yucky, and I'm having atypical signs of preeclampsia. Good times, right? She agreed with the bedrest plans that the perinatologist put in place. She said as long as baby is happy (heart rate normal, growth "acceptable", moving enough) then he/she stays put. She was pleased that baby's estimated weight was 3lbs 15 ozs on Tuesday. So we'll just have to really stick with the plans as they are (boring!) and see what Monday's sonogram shows. It's crazy...all of this waiting, me somehow hanging on to finding out the sex...sounds like I'm really patient doesn't it? The truth is I'm probably one of the least patient, most "need-to-know" persons I know. Patience...it is certainly not my finest virtue. I guess it's a growing experience. I do feel scared and nervous, I want this to all be over...I just really need to know that my baby will be okay. I can hardly stand the unknown. The tears well up just thinking about it all. SO, for now it's deep breaths and one day at a time. That's the best I can do, right?

In case you were wondering about the new baby pictures...no, they aren't from today's appointment. No, they aren't from Tuesday's appointment. They aren't of the baby inside me at all. They are of our other new little bundle of love. About four weeks ago, before we knew any of this "low fluid" business was brewing, we bought a PUPPY! She is a beautiful lab from a breeder in Tennessee and she's still with her mommy. We'll be, um, actually John will be going to the airport to meet her and bring her home on the 22nd of this month. We kind of figured we'd do this like a band-aid and just rip it off. New puppy and new baby at the same time...sorta like having twins. Well, now that I'm down and out it will all prove to be a little more challenging than originally planned. Oh well, at least is will give the boys a new distraction besides asking why I can't play chase or race car driver. So without further delay, here is our new little girl...



1 comment:

LucieP said...

oh I wonder if her twin will be a girl too?!

Hang in there!