Sunday, March 2, 2008

GRRRRRR!





Friday afternoon, Ryan asked if we could eat lunch at Chili's. Great idea! The boys both ate a ton, played together, and we all had a very good time. So after paying and gathering up the 12 Hot Wheels on, and around, the table, we headed outside to get our car. Atlanta is kinda weird...you have to valet park at EVERY restaurant. Even at lunch, at Chili's, we had to valet park. So stupid. Anyway, as the kid is walking towards us, I notice that he is looking at me. Not just looking, but staring. I instantly realized he was about to tell me some crappy news. Sure enough, "I'm so sorry, but I backed your car into a steel beam". Are you kidding me? Okay, let's take a look so he runs across the street into the parking garage and pulls it over. OMG! He must have been backing up really fast. I'm not sure if you can really tell how bad it is from the picture, but it's really bad! The tailgate won't open because the rear panel is so dented. Nice, because I had just bought a dresser for Ryan closet but hadn't gotten it home yet and now it is being held prisoner, courtesy of this ditzy college boy who told me "I just didn't check the right side". Why then, sir, are you working as a valet if you can't remember to check BOTH sides when backing up? My car even has the navigation system and it DINGS AND LIGHTS FLASH when you get close to something in back. All I can say is GRRRRRRR! This car has been injured twice now and I haven't done anything wrong either time. (A few months back, a little old man back into me at the grocery store.) So now we have the fun task of working with this company's insurance to get it all fixed. The only saving grace is that we now have the Jeep, so at least I'll have something to drive while it's in the shop and not have to fool with a rental car.

I know this is a big vehicle. How is it, though, that I drive it everywhere, everyday and never hit anything but this kid couldn't get it across the street without wounding it? Ryan kept asking the kid, while I was filling out paperwork, "why did you hit my Mommy's big, black truck?". Nothing like having a four year old rub it in your face! Way to go, Ryan!!!

No comments: