Friday, April 11, 2008

Explaining Things

Today was, as most days are in my house, a day full of questions. Thought you might like a sample.

1. Me trying to explain the National Emergency warning system (you know, that awful EARRAW, EARRAW, EARRAW followed by BEEEP, BEEEP, BEEEEEP) that did a test while we were driving to Whole Foods:

Ryan-What is that terrible noise?

Me-It's the system used to let everyone know if there is an emergency.

Ryan-Like what? Who sings this song?

Me-It's not a song. It lets us know if there is a bad storm or...something bad like a plane crash.

Ryan-OOHHHH! And if big robot dinosaurs attack, right? Someone would need to turn on the volcanoes so the lava could come out and kill them. Like that kind of emergency?

Me-Yes, Ryan. Just like that.

Welcome to my world. :)

2 comments:

anonymous said...

heehee - cute story kelly! i'm enjoying reading your blog ... it's ALMOST inspiring me to get mine up again .. LOL :) ~ dana

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.